Friday, July 13, 2007

July 2007

We've been busy in July - John, Pat, Carol and Bob left for the Wing Ding on June 28th; Steve left on June 30th; Lynn, Jana, Chuck, Peggie, Larry and Suzanne left on July 1st.

The six who left on July 1st stayed in Battle Mountain, Nevada and Rexburg, Idaho (Steve joined us in Rexburg). After leaving Rexburg the riders entered West Yellowstone and rode through to the northeast exit and on to Hwy 212 over Bear Tooth Pass.

On arriving in Billings, Montana on July 3rd we all headed for our various motels and relative's homes. We met up again at the Wing Ding on July 4th. We also "found" the folks who had left on June 28th.

While in Billings the temperatures were over 100 degrees.

On July 5th we met at Famous Dave's BBQ for a very nice dinner. Although, I think Chuck and Peggie would have preferred to sample the beer instead of wearing John's spilled beer!

On July 6th we once again me at Famous Dave's for dinner.

As we left Billings on July 7th we headed for East Glacier, Montana. The weather cooled off to a reasonable 80 degrees with a little clouds. We stayed a nice little motel called the Mountain Pine - I'd recommend it to anyone who appreciate the Mom & Pop type in a lovely pine setting. Across the street is the Whistle Stop restaurant - good food and not expensive. You will have to ask Peggie and Steve about the huckleberry stuffed french toast!

Glacier National Park's Road to the Sun was open and afforded us all a nice ride and great views. Again, the weather cooperated to make our day very nice. From west Glacier we rode to Polson, Montana along the east side of Flathead Lake.

On the morning of the 9th we headed for Lewiston, Idaho. Larry chose the Clearwater River Canyon as the route.....another very special ride down the mountain to Lewiston.

In Lewiston, Lynn and Jana went their way to relatives. Chuck and Peggie rode on to Walla Walla, Washington. Larry, Steve and Suzanne chose to spend the night in Lewiston.

On July 10th we rode Hwy 97 to Klamath Falls, OR - this was a big day for Suzanne because she had never ridden 500+ miles in one day.

On July 11th we continued on Hwy 97 into California and home. While relaxing at the Bear Creek Vista Point on Hwy 20 we saw Peggie and Chuck ride by so we knew they had made it "home" safely.

No comments: