Sunday, June 17, 2007
Clear Lake Road Riders who attended included Steve Sayers, Wayne B., Margaret & David R., Larry S. and Suzanne S.
The route was from Lakeport to the Brick in Kelseyville, up Hwy 175 to Loch Lomond Store, down Hwy 175 to Noble's store in Middletown; Hwy 29 to John Henry's in Lower Lake (which was closed); West to the Richmond Resort and then on Soda Bay Road into Kelseyville to end at the American Legion.
The dinner served was tasty - cooked by Ron Chips.
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Sunday June 10th saw a great show of support for the Lakeport Triathlon from Clear Lake Road Riders - 8 motorcycles (Paul B., Buzz W., Chuck G., Bob P., Larry S., Steve B., Bob J., John N., Suzanne S.) made themselves available to race officials and camera people. The people who rode with us couldn't believe how lucky they were to have Goldwings as their rides!
I saw Peggy R., Carol J., Susan P. flagging on Hill Road and Scotts Valley Road.
After assisting with riding the course Bob P. and Bob J. "volunteered" to flag some streets in Lakeport for the last leg of the triathlon.
In conversations with the other volunteers it sounds like it was fun and something they would volunteer for in the future.
The only pictures available are those taken prior to the beginning of the bicycle race.
Friday, June 08, 2007
RIDE JUNE 17th - Comptche - Volunteer Firemen's Father's Day Fund Raiser - see flyer
leave Lakeport McDonalds at 8:30 a.m. traveling to Locke (Sacramento Delta area) for lunch and group will disburse at the Delta with a 'return on your own'. Ride will arrive for lunch by 11:30 at Locke. Ride is 165 miles one way.
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Bobby's wish was to have his ashes spread around the lake. Today was the day for Bobby's last breakfast at Judy's Junction and ride around the lake.
After leaving Judy's Junction with a motorcade 6 motorcycles (lead by Bob Jordan) and Bobby's motor home carrying 8 passenger and Bobby's Harley memorabilia decked "urn" headed east on Highway 20. Along the way Susan, with assistance from John N, released Bobby's ashes as Bob P drove the motor home.
After making the circuit of Highway 20 to Highway 53 to Highway 29 the motorcade stopped at the Visitor Center in Lakeport to spread the last of Bobby's ashes.
Participants included: Susan and Bob P, John & Pat N, Margaret R, Dennis & Michelle P, Bob & Carol J, Chuck G, Peggie R, Danny T, Cy U, Wayne B, Larry and Suzanne S.
Friday, June 01, 2007
AGENDA & MINUTES OF MAY 2, 2007
JUNE 6 MEET AT THE COTTAGE COFFEE SHOP
6 PM. TO EAT AND SOCIAL
MEETING AT 7:00 P.M.
Clear Lake Road Riders Meeting Agenda: Date: 5/2/2007
1. Call meeting to order:
2. Roll Call:
3. Introduction of guests: Cathy (Lynn Hollenback’s sister) & Tom & Trish Bales from Williams returned as guests. They have filled out their membership application.
4. Reading of minutes, corrections or vote of acceptance as printed:
Motion: Carol Jordan Second: John Norcio
5. Treasurer report by Margaret Reese - Ride for Kids $746.35
- Toy Run $1225.72
- General Fund $575.69
6. Announcements: Jimmie had lots of GWTA rides-I’ll add them as an attachment
7. Communications: California State dept. sent paperwork confirming our non-profit & incorporation—if you forgot this had lapsed for several years and Steve Sayers went above and beyond to get us back in good standing.
8. Applications for membership: Tom & Trish Bales
9. Balloting on applications: be sure you picked up a roster with the new members Don Whittier, Ron Peavey, Buster Haas listed.
10. Public relations report: none
Adopt a highway: Friday May 20th- we were a little short on help but we managed. Nobody found anything but trash. Steve Biggs will give us the date for the next time we do ‘Adopt-a-highway’.
11. Road Captain report & Rides:
Past rides- 4/22 Bike Blessing: low participation due to drizzly weather. Sayers, Potters, Steve Biggs all got blessed & a little wet, then came home for the car and finished at the Boathouse for a good lunch with a stop in between to check out the home/garden show at the fairgrounds. David & Margaret Rutherford were there as well. (prospective members). David had a slippery incident and they got a little muddy—glad there was no damage to bike or person.
4-28 Sayers went to Occidental. Steve led but had no followers…guess everyone was in Redding for Fallen Rider.
4-28 VFW/Vietnam Vets in Ukiah: spaghetti feed was good according to Sayers and Wayne.
4-29 Sayers & Potters rode to Chico the 29th for good mex!
- Potential Rides see attachment
- Misc. Wayne Bohn paid his $5.00 new bike fine.
12. GWTA Report Jimmie gave us a lot of info on GWTA upcoming events & reported on the Fallen Rider event in Redding.
13. Special Committees report: BOB REESE MEMORIAL-benefit for Ride 4 Kids
Thanks to all the ‘workers’ & riders. Our ride was the 6th of May. Come to the meeting for the scoop on riders and dollars. Participation was low due to competition with many other rides.
14. Old Business: none?
15. New Business: Bob made a motion to donate to Nick Norcio for the KISS A PIG fundraiser to benefit local charity-there were several who seconded the motion and it passed to give $100 & in exchange we got 4 dinner tickets for the KISS A PIG dinner –those tickets were given as ride prizes at the BRMR ride.
Also: I have printed the cards Suzanne designed to give to prospective members. Please pick up a few to put in your wallet. They’re very attractive and a nice way to invite people we see around town that aren’t members. There’s a line for ‘invited by’- put your name on it & either your phone number or mine so if they need info they can call.
16. Unfinished Business: we discussed the Waves to Wine happening September 29-30-the club members appeared interested in helping with the event. Log on at Waves to Wine.org for more info.
There was also discussion about helping with the triathlon coming to Lake county June 10-more at the meeting in June.
17. Good of the order:
John Norcio reported on the proclamation for making May motorcycle safety awareness month.
18. The ‘anonymous’ (because I forgot to write down who won) winner of 50/50 donated the money back to the RIDE 4 KIDS account.
Member special occasions in June:
Happy birthday to: Laura Youles June 1, John Norcio June 9-, Pres. Sayers June 16, Michelle Prator June 20
No anniversaries? Or, do I need corrections on the ‘corrected’ roster??
Please let me know if you don’t have a current roster. I also have copies of the cell phone numbers for members—a useful tool to have if you ever break down or get separated on an outing, or if you’re running late to meet the group!
CLRR 2007 president: Steve Sayers email@example.com
Minutes submitted by Susan Potter. firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday May 19 at Roger’s Glass in Lakeport -- ABATE yard sale—fundraiser for the scholarship fund to help a couple local young people attend a trade school.
This could be fun! Anyone interested in making this ride???
Saturday May 26: Big Foot Poker run in Weaverville
For info call John Ellwanger (530) 275-1055 or Tim & Sue Ford @ 530 628-1079
This coincides with the Trinity Mineral & Gem show.
$20 advanced or $25 that day. Incl. poker hand, dinner & 1 raffle ticket.
There will be a breakfast Sunday for $4.
Benefit: the after school program at the Lapidary School
Wednesday June 6th-meeting at the COTTAGE COFFEE SHOP
Sunday June 10: triathalon……..this is supposed to be Ladies Choice ride day…….any ideas?
Call me or email and I’ll get it out on group mail
June 8-10 GWTA: Gold Country Riders-WILLITS campout
Camping at KOA –I have a flyer for anyone interested; call me.
Will CLRR be riding up to Willits Sunday the 10th for pancakes (we have in years past but I know the triathalon is the same day…we might be there instead)
June 16: Diablo county Wings will visit the Jelly Belly. Call me if you want ‘particulars’)